Saturday, January 2, 2010

good times, fo shiz.

Beginning of December, we had our circuit overseer visit. Him and his wife's names are, Brodrick and Karen Jones. Ironically, they served in a circuit in FL years back, and I remember meeting this brother once! Awesome, encouraging teacher. I had the privilege of working with both brother and sister Jones in field service. Both shared some helpful tips to use in the house and house ministry, and RVs.
Last week I went skiing and snowboarding! Very cool I must say. First attempt at both and didn't do too bad. Stopping on the snowboard I found challenging, but for the most part, my turns were good! Any advice I would share with beginners is, always look ahead. haha. You will avoid so many accidents! :D
Recently I went sledding too which was a blast! Oh I shoveled the entire front yard all by myself the other day! I came in the house after wards, took off my boots, and needed a nap. Very tiring indeed, hehe.
This is great. So there's this regular customer. Very cool older man, and he usually comes in Starbuck's to get a tall coffee, and double chocolate brownie. Oh yeah, the brownie has to be warmed up 3 seconds exactly. If not, you will be shot. lol. Well anyway, one day as he's walking up to the register, I left what I was doing and as I'm walking towards him I say, "what do ya want?! I mean,(in a calmer voice) what would you like?" He looks at me awkwardly strange but with a smile and says, "what do I want? mann.." He starts cracking up. So, whenever he comes in, I ask him just like that, and we laugh. It's great, we have our own inside joke! :D
This will be my last month in my Jersey experience, so I'm doing as much as I can before I move back to the F L.
Handing over all my RVs this month, aw. Looking forward to starting a fresh new RV book when I move back though, yay!

5 comments:

  1. Funny post, mamita. Thank you for shoveling the walkway for me. I didn't wanna do it. Now can you clean the garage?!?

    Were you jealous when you saw the neighbor with his snow-blower!? So unfair.

    Love you! (Can't wait till you come back!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Jones'!!! He was my C.O. in Melbourne. They are both awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told your mom that she should move to FL when they both retire. I told her that whatever she does not want, to put in that garage and blow it up! This way, she doesn't have to worry about a big move! :)
    Cool! Yeah the Jones' are great! Bro Jones has a good sense of humour, and Karen's a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blogs are encouraging and hilarious! I'm back at West Oviedo! It'll be great to see you again, Jenny! It's been a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hey, Ryan! Haha, thanks!
    Yeah I heard! It's great to hear you're back in West Oviedo. I'm sure I speak for everyone on that note!
    I'll be moving back home shortly!
    Take much care and tell your mom I say hi. Cya later!

    ReplyDelete