Thursday, June 13, 2013

Latvia trip begins! Day One: Plane ride. ...Are we there yet?!



Not quite! Still have a long ways to go till we make our first stop in Copenhagen, Denmark. We're about 3 hours ahead of eastern time now. Which explains why I am tired! Will be a 7 hour time difference once we're in Latvia! Was able to dose off a bit here and there, which has been nice.
Before departing Newark airport earlier today, every seat in front of each passenger has a tv screen, and there's an exterior camera outside of the plane which allowed us to see the plane take off! (I have a picture I took of it) Almost felt as if you were in the driver's seat or a scene in a movie... How cool is that?!
Tonight's dinner was delish. I over heard that they served us Danish food. It was chicken glazed in some awesomeness with rice, piece of cheese with sesame crackers, a black/red beany corn salad (up my alley) , and for dessert, it reminded me of cheesecake, but also like angel food cake too, with chocolate on top. I had a cup of black tea too. I am so not missing breakfast, lol...
The plane inside is huge, too. Never have I been in one that has three columns and two aisles on each side! I'm sitting in the middle column.
Lei has been having a really interesting conversation with someone that has questions about our beliefs...go Lei!!
I will update when we're in Copenhagen! :)

Day Two: Copenhagen Landing.
We arrived this Thursday morning at 8am, (2am back home). Our connecting flight to Riga, Latvia departs at 10:50am. We are at the gate now, awaiting to board... In the meantime, after getting off our plane earlier this morning, we walked around Copenhagen's airport, got a bite/coffee at this cafe'
called, Lagkagehuset. It was really good! Before pouring milk into my coffee, I noticed the entire carton was written in Danish...
~ Boarding! Final destination: Riga, Latvia

3 comments:

  1. Haha. Your too cute! I'm laughing as I read you talk about the food. I was on a plane like that when i went to Africa. The international flights usually use those huge planes. Love your pics on fb! Keep up the blog. I'm so excited for you! Tell Leilani and Connie hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps you look like Shakira in your profile pic

    ReplyDelete